Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Table/Caption Confusion

Click on the picture itself, which should display the Picture toolbar. Click
on the Text Wrapping button (dog icon) and make sure that the wrapping is
set to In Line With Text. That will ensure that the picture is actually in
the table cell and not in front of or behind it. It then cannot wander from
its position above the caption.

"Scott Meyers" wrote in message
I wanted to create an image with a caption, so I created a table with one

column
and two rows, put the image in the top cell and the caption in the lower

cell.
At least that's what I think I did. I don't remember for sure any more,

and I
can't decipher what Word is showing me. (Please remember that this is a
newsgroup for new users :-}) I do know that I have a table (because I can

get
table properties for the image, though not for the caption) and that the

table
has no caption (because choosing "caption..." shows no text), so I know

I'm not
using Word's innate caption feature for tables.

What confuses me is that in web layout view, the caption appears below the
image, just as I want. You can see what I see here, where the text at the

top
is the last line of the preceding paragraph:

http://www.aristeia.com/Personal/web...out%20view.jpg

However, when I switch to print layout view, the caption appears above the
image, as shown he

http://www.aristeia.com/Personal/pri...out%20view.jpg

Can anybody help me figure out what I've done and how to get Word to

always put
the caption text below the image?

Thanks,

Scott