View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  

Default How do I combine and print off two A4 MS Word documents onto A3

Hi all,

My Son has to do a newspaper for his geography homework. He has done these in A4 format. The fornt page is with a Header, but the other pages aren't. He did this in Microsoft word 2007.

The problem he has is that he needs to print two of these A4 pages, side by side onto an A3 page. (He has an A3 printer).

We are having issues trying to do it. Can someone please explain (bearing in mind that they were made and saved in A4 format, and the first page has the header image on it) how to print them side by side onto an A3 sheet, so that; when folded in half, they open up like a real newspaper / book, please?

I have seen replies to a similar issue based on using word 2000, but I can't get it to work on Word 2007. IE: nothing lines up correctly. The header also apperas on the second page, and if I delete it there, it will also delete from the first (front) page too. The first page appears to in portrait, and the second page seems to be in landscape, and it even (in some cases) spreads onto a third page?

I have seen this instruction on this forum:

Assuming Word 2000 or above, in the Print dialog, select "2 pages per sheet"
in the Zoom: Pages per sheet box.

I have just seen the "2 Pages per sheet" under the heading: View - Zoom - Many pages - 1 x 2. But there don't seem to be a way of adding another page to its side.

We need help as soon as possible on this please in an easy exact step by step guide, kind of way, if someone has the patience and time please?

Many thanks.