What happens if you select the table and press Ctrl+Q?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been trying to debug a custom template file for days, i.e., in my
template, I have created a style for tables, and I set it up to be the
default table style for all docs created from this template.

When I open a doc based on this template and create a table in a doc
based on the template, the style that is applied to the table is the
style present at the cursor where I insert the table. For example, if
TITLE style is present at the cursor where I insert the table, then the
table takes on TITLE style. If heading 5 style is present at the
cursor where I insert the table, then the table takes on heading 5
style. Word just ignores (or appears to ignroe) the font, font size,
etc) associated with the table style

Any ideas?

thanks