Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Advanced calculations in tables--Question 2

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:52:02 -0700, DeeDeeCee
wrote:

On the Invoice Template I have, there is a column showing the number of
hours worked on a given day. I know I can use a formula like =sum(C1:C7), if
I have exactly 7 days worked. But the number of days on a bill varies, and
often I add lots of rows to the bill, so the column length can vary from 3 to
20. Still, I'd like to have a formula in my template that simply adds up all
the cells above the formula, regardless of how many there end up being. Is
there any such thing? Thanks.

ddc

You can use the formula =SUM(ABOVE). But be aware of a few possible
problems with that, as described in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...eIncorrect.htm.

--
Regards,