Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Craig

Default Directory / Catalog in table format with one row for column header

Hi,
I am creating using a mail merge to create a directory (also known as
catalog) of information. The directory is in a word table, and I want the
table to have column headers -- First Name, Last Name, City etc.

The problem is that word repeats the column headers after each merge row. In
word help, it says that to get around this, I should first create the merge
without any headers and then add headers. The problem with this is that I
want other users to use the merge template, and they would like for it to be
a one click solution (they want to run the merge and then print the report,
headers and all).

Any clever solutions not documented in Word help?
Thank you,
Craig