Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thefred thefred is offline

Default Word should have colored tabs for opened documents

Please add the worksheet feature of Excel in Word to coordinate the handling
and managing of multiple opened docs. Each document should be a tab inside of
ONE application of Word. Right now it is an absolute PITA to work with say 5
opened documents, especially if I have five or more different applications
running in the background. I know about switching windows but I can skip that
if the tabs are right there. Streamline.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.