Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word should have colored tabs for opened documents

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Word 2003 they're available in every view but Web Layout view. And you
can scroll the thumbnails (just as you can the Document Map) to locate a
specific portion of the document. The thumbnails scroll independently of the
document, and you can click on a specific thumbnail to go to that page. Not
very helpful if the document is all text, but if it contains graphics,
tables, charts, or anything else recognizable at thumbnail size, they can be
useful.

I have never used that feature. I have just noticed that there is a
"Thumbnails" item on the view menu. I took me just four years to notice it!

Thanks for pointing this out. As you wrote, it maybe useful when handling
documents with lots of graphics or short documents.