If ^l doesn't find it, try ^13.

"Miazelli" wrote in message
Thanks again, but I used the command as Word inserts it when selecting
Special\Manual page break - it was the correct symbol I just typed it

wrong
in the messageboard.

There is a way to do this I just forgot and was hoping someone would know.
I used to do this daily with lists that were received. Again, very very
simple in WordPerfect but a bit tricky with Word.

"Miazelli" wrote:

Thank you both, but I already tried that ^i for manual return. But this

is
not finding anything.

I have a document with names and addresses:

Mr. Smit
Zales Company
xxxx Sth Road
New York, NY 10000

I want to take out the return between Mr. Smith & Zales Company (etc.)

and
replace with a comma so I can format in text, open in Excel and just

locate
the email address.

This was actually very simple with WordPerfect and I remember finally
figuring it out in word quite some time ago but now have forgotten.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Do you mean paragraph marks or line breaks? Anyway, the symbols are ^p

and
^l respectively, entered directly or selected from the drop-down on

the find
and replace dialog.

"Miazelli" wrote in message
What symbol is it that I should put into search for field if I want

take
out all returns and replace with comma's.

This was so easy in Wordperfect !

Julie