Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ray Ray is offline

Default Suddenly Word Wants Foreigh Languages

Suddenly I have an anomaly that I have never had before. I've been using
Word since Word 97. Currently in Word 2003. Occasionally when I place the
cursor in some previously typed text to add, change, edit, etc., when I
click I get a dialog box with the following:

============
The list of common Spanish (Spain-Modern Sort) AutoCorrections is not
available.
This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?
|| Yes || || No ||
============

And a related anomaly that appears to come from the same problem is this.
During spell check I had clicked "Ignore All" several times and I had
clicked other things like "Add to 'Dictionary" and "Change" then after a
click on "Ignore All" it gave the following dialog with a Yes/No choice at
the bottom:

============
Microsoft Office Word can't check the spelling or grammar in this document.
This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?
|| Yes || || No ||
============

After clicking the "No" button I got another dialog similar to the one at
the top (for Argentina instead of Spain). The only button was an "OK"
button:

============
Cannot find proofing tools for Spanish (Argentina). If you have the proofing
tools, try installing or re-installing them. Contact your local reseller to
obtain Office Proofing Tools. For more information, see the Microsoft
Office Site. || OK ||

Then it went back to its regular spell checking and finished the document
normally.

This is an ongoing problem, and it happens at seemingly unrelated and
indiscriminate times. It is driving me crazy. How can I fix this short of
uninstalling Word and reinstalling it?

--
Thanks, Ray