Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HD

Default Still having problems merging with DBF

Hi,

Last week, I got an answer to my problem from Brenda(by the way, thank you!)
that for my mail merge to work with a DBF datasource, I needed to install
the WDVFPDSN.exe.
I did that, but it still does not work...
When I try to open the datasource, it gives me a little window where I need
to confirm the datasource... I have tried all the choices... and I just get
the same error: "Word was unable to open the data source".

Here is a reminder of the problem:
The Technical Dept has changed our application server(the merge works on our
old machine)... This new server has
Windows Server 2003 (Standard edition) and Office XP, SP3.
I have a word document that needs to merge to a DBF file on this new
machine... When I try to do the merge, the system gives me the message:
"Word was unable to open the datasource."

I have installed the VFPODBC.msi as well as the WDVFPDSN.exe...

Please help me, anyone.

H. Dumas