Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default when I format a line of text, the lines above lose format

Alignment and Indentation are *Paragraph* formatting attributes - you can't
change the alignment of just one line in a paragraph, although you might be
able to "fake" it. But that's just asking for trouble.

If you want to indent just the first line of a paragraph, use
FormatParagraph - Indents & Spacing. In teh Indentation section open the
Special list, choose First Line & specify haow much in the By field.
Alternatively you can use the First Line Indent marker on teh Ruler Bar &
drag it to the desired position.

If you need more search Word Help using the keyword Indent.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"aja" wrote in message
when I try to change format on a line of text, some of the text lines
above
move to the left margin or use of indent causes most lines to move to the
left.