Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Any way to lock margins so they can't be changed?

What are you pasting from? Another Word document? Or some other source?
Which margins do you want to keep? Those of the destination document? Or
those of the source?
Which version of Word are you using?

We'll need to know those things before we can offer help.

PamC

Stephen wrote:
Hi,

When I cut and paste pages (with pictures if that matters) into the
document, it changes the margins of the document. Afterward, I basically
only read the text and look at the pictures (i.e. almost never make changes),
so I don't care if it makes macros, or whatever, unusable.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Stephen

There are ways to do this, but they would require protecting the entire
document in ways that might make it functionally unusable. Perhaps if you

[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]

Stephen