Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Gudobba Mary Gudobba is offline

Default Word 2000 not saving changes

She does not have versions turned on. I can't believe this isn't user
error, but she insists that it isn't.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
It sounds like she may have 'versions' enabled and is actually seeing a
previous version. Check that Versions is off as it is known to be buggy.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Mary Gudobba" wrote in message
I have one user who claims that Word 2000 sometimes does not save the
changes she made to a document. For example, she will open an old
document, save as - a new name, make changes, save it and when she reopens
the document some of the changes aren't there. It's not always the last
change she made and sometimes it involves substantial changes. It's not
always the same type of document but the document is always being edited,
not created. I can't find any reason for this behavior and we can't
reproduce it on demand. None of the other 70 users in the office have
this problem. I tend to think this is a case of user error but she
insists it is not. She doesn't use Control+S to save. I thought maybe she
was hitting Control+Z and undoing what she just did, but that is not the
case. Has anybody ever seen anything like this? Computer is running
Windows XP-SP2, server is Windows Server 2003.