Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Can I create a database from labels that are already created?

It should be ^13{2} not ^13(2) - That is "curly brackets", not parentheses

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"pb" wrote in message
Doug,
I have Word 2003. So when I went to the replace section, and put in
^13(2),
it did no find anything. Does Word 2003 have a differenct code ofr the
paragraph marks. The double paragraph marks did show up when I converted
the
table to text, but I got stuck at the "replace" step.
pb

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"pb" wrote in message
Labels were typed up by a previous empolyee who did not use mail merge.
would like to use that information to create a mail merge capability.
However, when I try to set up a database with the existing labels, the
format
is off becuase it does not go in the correct order-- eg. first name,
last
name, street. It takes the subsequent names and fills them in the
address
info. There are hundreds of names on the list, so re-typing all the
info
would be cumbersome. Thanks you all for any suggestions.