MamaCats

Default Formatting problem or something else?

I'm formatting stories to print for binding. I like the chapter heads
to be at the top of the page, so I hit Enter until the heading goes to
the next page top. I've done several dozen successfully using this
method. Yesterday, I needed to add a couple of blank pages to the
beginning (so there would be a blank sheet at the start of the text
block), so I pressed Enter above the title until there were two blank
pages before the title page. Now, when I try to move the chapter heads
down to the next page, it skips down two inches. If I try to delete
spaces to bring it up to the top of the page, it just skips up to the
confusing, it doesn't always do this, and sometimes it skips half a
page. I've tried deleting that file and starting over, but now it's
doing it on every file I start to edit. I don't even know the right
question to start looking for the answer!