Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Columns won't go all the way to the bottom page margin?

Is the first paragraph in the second column formatted as "Keep lines
together" or (if it is short) "Keep with next"?

John - Melbourne; "Australia" John - Melbourne,
wrote in message
In Word, I cannot get the columns to go all the way to the bottom page

margin
on my first page. They fall about 30mm (1 inch) short. Also, if I move

the
bottom page margin to above the bottom of the columns, this has no effect

on
the columns and they stay the same.
However, on the second and subsequent pages the columns go all the way to
the bottom page margin, and when I adjust the bottom page margin the

columns
adjust to fit automatically. This is what I would like the first page to

do.
Any ideas anyone?