Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PC User PC User is offline

Default Word Merge Data From MS Access Options Fields

Yes, I'm quite aware of making these same reports in MS Access and I
have done that. However, my program manager wants these documents
done in MS Word, but because of the massive amounts of data, I have
already started making the reports in MS Access. Now to give him an
archived set of reports in MS Word, I'm programming MS Word. I feel
that handling large amounts of data are always done better on a
database; however, I'm trying to do my project quickly by using a
database and accommodate my manager by putting the reports in MS
Word.

It seems that asking a question is not enough on a forum, but I have
to justify my request. These things are a little personal, but if
this is what is needed to get an answer I guess I have to say it. I'm
sure its always interesting to get the background of some of the
unusual questions that people post. If its ok with you, I'd like to
stay on my posted question.

I'll use your code concept in a MS Word module to loop through all the
fields on the document to set their names and properties triggered by
using the msoOpenDocument event.

Thanks,
PC