Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zakhary Zakhary is offline

Default Form Protection Problems

Now that I havce completed a surevy question fomr, I am looking to protect
it. But problems arise in this process. When I click on Protect Document,
then select the option to allow "Filling in forms," it seems to work just
fine; I am able to fill in "Text Form Fields," and select Option Buttons and
Check Boxes when I click on them, whiile still not being allowed to change
text and other information that is not a part of the form. However, after I
save this as a document or document tamplate, when I come back to the
protected document, it no longer lets me select Option Buttons or Check
Boxes. Is there a way to fix this problem? Why in the first place does it
work, then when the template is opened again, it does not?

Something to note is that I used the Control Toolbar to insert Option
Buttons and Check Boxes, not the Form Toolbar. Can this create the problem?
If so, is there a way around it?

Last, but not least, is there a way to convert this into a form-based PDF
file? I have Adobe Acrobat Professional, but going through the conversion
process with Adobe Designer is very long and comes out with bad quality. I
am hoping there is another way.

--
-Zakhary