Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zakhary Zakhary is offline

Default Form Protection Problems

After looking more into this problem, I think I have figured out where it
stems from. It seems that whether I close with the Control Toolbar open or
closed, when I open a document back up, that toolbar is open and the "Design
Mode" is on by default. As the person who responds to this will know, having
that "Design Mode" on disables someone from selecting the Option Buttons or
Check Boxes and instead, allows them to edit them. When this is coupled with
the fact that the document is protected, it means that nothing can be done.

Is there a way to change this process so that the COntrol Toolbar does not
appear automatically with the "Design Mode set to on?
--
-Zakhary

"Zakhary" wrote:

Now that I havce completed a surevy question fomr, I am looking to protect
it. But problems arise in this process. When I click on Protect Document,
then select the option to allow "Filling in forms," it seems to work just
fine; I am able to fill in "Text Form Fields," and select Option Buttons and
Check Boxes when I click on them, whiile still not being allowed to change
text and other information that is not a part of the form. However, after I
save this as a document or document tamplate, when I come back to the
protected document, it no longer lets me select Option Buttons or Check
Boxes. Is there a way to fix this problem? Why in the first place does it
work, then when the template is opened again, it does not?

Something to note is that I used the Control Toolbar to insert Option
Buttons and Check Boxes, not the Form Toolbar. Can this create the problem?
If so, is there a way around it?

Last, but not least, is there a way to convert this into a form-based PDF
file? I have Adobe Acrobat Professional, but going through the conversion
process with Adobe Designer is very long and comes out with bad quality. I
am hoping there is another way.

--
-Zakhary