Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Word 2003 mail merge address block inconsistency

Don't use the addressblock field. Use the individual fields that you want in
a conditional field construction that places the correct fields according to
the data.
What fields do you have to identify which records have single people and
which have 2?

S trainer wrote:
When I use the 'Address Block' feature, I choose one of the options
which will allow 2 people having different last names, to have both
their first names and their own last name on the address label. The
problem, is when I use this option, the result for a single person is
that t inserts "The (fill-in-the-blank) Family", requiring me to go
through each of the single people's addresses and type their first
name and deleting "the" and "family".

How can I have Word do a single merge that will do the label right - a
single person with their first name and last name, and have 2 people
with different last names use both of their first and last names??