Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Default Quick Access Toolbar

Thanks for the response. However, my issue is that I don't want the toolbar
to expand all the way across the page. I want drop-down choices. I've got 50
items I want to place on the toolbar. And, is there a way to type in a name
for each button?

--
Jerry

"Guruveer" wrote:

Hi Jerry,

In Word 2007, right click on any of the toolbars and choose the Option to
"Customize the Quick Access Toolbar" or go to the Office icon Word Options.

This will bring up the customize window. In here, you can customize a ton of
things in Word 2007.

This menu is equivalent to the Tools Options in Word 2003. You can
customize the toolbars, Addins, Access the Trust Center, View options, etc.

Lets go to the Customize option.

Here you can add the familar 'New' icon and 'Open' icon to it (i know i use
those buttons quite a bit and missed having it right there)

You can add which ever you like, the bar itself will expand as you add
icons/shortcuts.

Thank you.

Guruveer

OR
You can download word 2003 viewer software. Which will help you to use word
2007. Follow the link below.

"Jerry" wrote:

Struggling with the Word's 2007 toolbar and menus!

Is there a way to create a drop-down menu on the Quick Access Toolbar. In
2003, I could drag and drop macros that I created onto a menu button.

I've gotten the Menu button showing onto the Quick Access Toolbar; however,
I don't know of any way to add items to it. Also, is there any way to give
the buttons a name instead of picture?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

--
Jerry