Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I install an existing word 2003 template in 2007

Word 2007 is not fussy where the document templates are stored (apart from
the normal template). If the templates contain macros then the folder must
be a trusted folder. Either make the folder containing the templates a
trusted folder or move them to an already trusted folder. You can then
select the template from the 'New from existing ...' option in the Office
Button New dialog, thereafter it will appear in the recently used
templates.

"IreneS" wrote in message
news
I need to install existing templates from word 2003. I can add them under
templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but
their
particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon. I run XP but no Save
In
Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions.
Tearing hair out.