Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Sorting data in MS Word 2002

Perhaps if you were to tell us exactly how the table is laid out and how you
want it to be sorted it might avoid fishing around in the dark?
The 1 addresses the first table in the document.

akkrug wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I copied the macro to our form and added a
button to run it, but the information keyed isn't sorting. How do
you tell it which column to sort by?Does the (1) indicate the first
column?

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks for the help!!

Ken K.

Without seeing your table, something along the lines of the
following macro run from a toolbar button should work

Sub SortTable()
Dim bProtected As Boolean
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
bProtected = True
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:=""
End If
ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Sort
If bProtected = True Then
ActiveDocument.Protect _
Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True, Password:=""
End If
End Sub

akkrug wrote:
Our users want a fillable Word form, so I set up a simple table. Now
they want to be able to sort the information and I can't get it to
work. Even if I unprotect the form, select the table and use table,
sort nothing is happening. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Also, even if I could get the sort to work, I'm not sure if there is
any way to sort information when the cells are locked so information
can be keyed into them.

Thanks for the help!!

Ken K.