Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default how can I remove all tabs from a document?

I had the same thought. If the OP doesn't want the text as a table, it would
still make more sense to paste as a table and then convert the table to
text, separating with appropriate characters.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
When pasting a spreadsheet into Word from Excel, the default is to convert
it into a table.

The OP's question makes me wonder if they might've pasted first into
Notepad, selected/copied there, then pasted into Word (or pasted as
unformatted). In either case, if they're subsequently converting into a
table, this seem rather round-about when the spreadsheet could be pasted

as
a table in the first place.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Tab characters? If you really want to do this, you can search for ^t and
replace with nothing or a space, but this will give you one big
unmanageable
blob of text; it would make more sense to use Table | Convert | Text to
Table, separating at tabs.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"RAJ2828" wrote in message
I have copied an excel spreadsheet into both Word and Notepad. How can

remove all the tabs that were automatically created by the Excel

columns?