Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default outline toolbar

The following macro will replace the Outline View internal call and switch
off the toolbar when Outline view is selected.

Sub ViewOutlineMaster()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Type = wdMasterView
CommandBars("Outlining").Visible = False
End Sub

wrote:
How do I force the outline toolbar NOT to show up when I am in
Outline view in MS Word 2003? When I go to View/toolbars and uncheck
it, it always comes back on when I am working on items in the Outline
view. I cannot get rid of it....

I need to get rid of it because it conflicts with the Endnote toolbar
I also use in this Outline view. (And only in Outline view is there a
conflict.) When both toolbars are there they make the Outline View
screen jump and flicker. thank.s