Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Field Braces

Thanks, Doug. I had accidentally set it to InsertField. Thanks for this
reply and all of your other help!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Hold down the Alt key and the Ctrl key and press the + on the numeric keypad
to display the Customize keyboard dialog and then you can press Ctrl+F9 and
see what it has been assigned to and remove that assignment if desired.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Island Girl" wrote in message
news
I could swear that Ctrl+F9 always resulted in field braces. However, the
connection somehow doesn't work now and instead of field braces, it takes
me
to the field code window in which one can select many types of fields.

What can I do to get just the field braces?

Thanks in advance!