Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Field Braces

You're right, Jay! I had assigned it to InsertField instead of
InsertFieldchars. Thanks for all of your help!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:49:02 -0800, Island Girl
wrote:

I could swear that Ctrl+F9 always resulted in field braces. However, the
connection somehow doesn't work now and instead of field braces, it takes me
to the field code window in which one can select many types of fields.

What can I do to get just the field braces?

Thanks in advance!

For Word 2003 or earlier: Open the Tools Customize dialog and click
the Keyboard button.

For Word 2007: Open Office button Word Options Customize and click
the Keyboard Customize button.

In the Customize Keyboard dialog, select the All Commands category.
Then select the InsertFieldChars command. Click in the "Press new
shortcut key" box, press Ctrl+F9, and click the Assign key.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman