I'm unable to find it again, but yesterday I ran across a KB article listing
problems solved by an update to Office XP (I think), and that was one of
them.

"Lisa" wrote in message
I have a table that I am trying to add some shading to certain cells and

some
are fine, but others have 1/8 inch unshaded area at the bottom of the

cell.
I have researched this in the discussion groups and tried everything
suggested still to no avail. It is happening in both Word 2000 & XP. Any
ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,