Shauna Kelly

Hi Dean

Word may not be recognizing that you're making a change.

So, open normal.dot (as described in the section "Top make other changes" at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm).
Empty out the Title field at File Properties. Then make a minor change to
the document (eg spacebar then backspace) and then save.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Dean C" Dean wrote in message
My default template (normal.dot) seems to function normally, until it is
time
to save.
I open a new document by opening Word. The file opens it shows Document xx
in the
title bar as expected. When I go to save, I'm expecting that Word will
suggest a name based on the starting text. What it uses instead is
"Creative Ideas.doc", clearly a document that was created sometime in the
past.

I've tried opening the default template and clearing out the "title"
field,
but I still get the same results. Any ideas????