Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Robseym

Default limits on if statements

Thanks for that. it begs two further questions:

1) what is the limit on nested if statements?
2) How would you count the number of nested statements in the following
examples? - not written using the actual code:

I think the first statement is three nested, the second statement is only
two and the third contains no nested statements but I could be wrong.

1. IF([conditon], "text", "IF([condition2], "text", "IF([condition3],
"text", "")"" )

2. IF([conditon], "text", "IF([condition2], "text", "")IF([condition3],
"text", "")" )

3. IF([conditon], "text", "")IF([condition2], "text", "")IF([condition3],
"text", "")

Hope you can help as I am compiling a monster doc and don't want any nasty
surprises.

Rob

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Only if you try and nest them.

Robseym wrote:
Is there a limit to how many 'If_then_else' statements a mail merge
document can contain?

Rob