Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wielo2001 Wielo2001 is offline

Default Vertical Alignment option unavailable on textbox

I'm using Word 2007 to build a document that contains several independent
text boxes - to use as a template for others in the organization. One (and
only one) of the boxes needs to have the text align to the bottom of the text
box instead of the top.
Seems simple....but....
I have placeholder text in the box, and when I right-click on the border of
the text box I get the flyout menu and select Format Text Box. I go to the
Text Box tab to select Vertical Alignment, but all of the options under
Vertical Alignment are grayed out and unselectable.
I've tried selecting the text, the text box, and the border of the text box,
all with the same result. The only thing I can think of is that the
placeholder text is a custom paragraph style (to make sure the font, size,
and alignment stay consistent) and that might be overriding the vertical
alignment option. I just can't find where that might be happening.