Jay Freedman

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:40:14 -0700, iamvik
wrote:

As part of information security policy, it is mandatory to label each
document about its level of confidentiality (we have 4 different levels).
However, a normal user often forgets to label, creating problems during
security audits. What I was looking for is a small add-in which makes it
mandatory to specify the level of security for the document (check box/radio
button) that gets automatically inserted as footer in the printed document.

It's not too difficult to write a macro in an add-in like that. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tSavePrint.htm for
general information. There are some design questions you need to
answer first, though:

- Does the statement have to go on every page, only on the first page,
or some other arrangement?

- Do any of the documents have multiple sections? If so, are their
footers marked "Same as Previous" or not? Do any of them have
"Different first page" or "Different even and odd" turned on in the
File Page Setup Layout dialog?

- Is there other information in the footers that needs to be
preserved, or should the confidentiality statement be the only thing
in the footer?

- What are the names of the four levels? What is the exact wording of
the label that goes in the footer for each level?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman