Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susann Susann is offline

Default Change template style in master document?

Hi,

I've found Steve Hudson's chapter on Master documents in Word on
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...dhomepage.html.
It's really helpful as I'm new to this topic and want to make
everything right (without corruption). I want to write my diploma
thesis using this technique.
So I've read all rules very carefully

In rule 5 Steve is referencing to the "chapter on styles" regarding the
rebuilding of documents (when the template style has changed). Does
anyone know where I can find this chapter? I don't know exactly what is
meant by 'rebuilding a document'...

I've created my own document template "diplomathesis.dot" and used this
to create my master document. Within this master I've created the
subdocuments as I didn't have any existing before. As far as I
understood from Steve's rules, I should now throw the master away and
only edit the subdocuments. But I'm surprised that in these newly
created subdocuments I can't find some styles which were included in my
document template. Is it better to create the subdocuments as new files
from the original template and not within the master document? And then
use these existing files to insert them in a new master?

Thanks in advance
Susann