Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Adding text to a PDF or other form?

Use of a pen would make far more sense for one-off forms.
If you can find a copy of the Corporate version of Finereader 6 it came with
an excellent form filling module (though it wouldn't read PDF - you would
need Finereader itself to save a PDF as a graphic). Sadly the later versions
don't have this handy tool, which I believe is now available in a modified
form as a separate application. It remains overkill and a waste of money for
ad hoc form filling.

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
I hate filling in forms by hand, so my current method of filling in a
non-editable form (such as a PDF) is to print it as an MDI, then open
in Office Document Imaging and save as a TIFF, then add this as a
background image in a Word document!

There seem to be two problems with this: it is very tedious, and
sometimes the image has lost quality when I re-open the document.

Any thoughts?