WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I convert symbol-based fonts that produce text back to re.

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble converting a symbol-based font back to a regular font in your Word document. Don't worry, I can definitely help you with that!

Firstly, to answer your question, yes, you should have expected this. Symbol-based fonts are designed to display symbols and special characters, not regular text. When you try to convert text that was written in a symbol-based font to a regular font, the text will often appear as gibberish because the regular font doesn't have the same symbols and characters as the symbol-based font.

However, there is a way to convert the text to a regular font without losing the content. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select all the text in your document that was written in the symbol-based font.
  2. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Font" section to open the "Font" dialog box.
  4. In the "Font" dialog box, select "Arial" (or whichever font you want to convert to) from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  5. Click on the "Advanced" tab in the "Font" dialog box.
  6. In the "Advanced" tab, select "Symbol" from the "Font style" drop-down menu.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Font" dialog box.

Your text should now be converted to the regular font you selected, while retaining the content that was originally written in the symbol-based font.