Greg Maxey

Gentlemen, Gentlemen play nice :-)

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

macropod wrote:
Seems to me you're changing your story Jezebel.

Previously (in another thread), you claimed julian number
calculations per se are unreliable, which is completely untrue. You
started of in this thread with the same theme. Now you say my "field
coding represents a kind of back-door programming, that CANNOT
deliver reliable results". Equally untrue and amply demonstrated to
be so by my implementation.

Don't confuse steep learning curves with unreliability. The mere fact
that you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done...

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Nothing wrong with Julian number calculations as such, Macro.
Problem is, your sort of field coding represents a kind of back-door
programming, that CANNOT deliver reliable results. Research it. The
problems are well-documented.

Cheers

"macropod" wrote in message
"not reliable for serious use"

Really? I'm sure this would be a revelation to every astronomer on

planet
earth.

Maybe you've got julian day number calculations confused with the
Julian calendar or so-called julian dates that combine year number
and year-day numbers into a string. Perhaps you should check out:
http://www.tondering.dk/claus/cal/calendar26.html
and find out how this stuff *really* works.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
This is a sad gap in Word's field functionality. The only real
solution is to write a macro to do it. VBA has DateAdd() and
DateDiff() functions for date calculations. It is theoretically
possible using fields (hunt around for posts from a creature
called Macropod) -- entertaining if you

enjoy
Julian number calculations, but not reliable for serious use.

"Tim Wallin" wrote in message
Folks - I'm out of ideas regarding how to insert a calculated
future date. I've tried:
1. using date fields in a formula (nested fields); all I can get
using this approach is an incremented year, despite use of date
format

switches.
2. using a reference to a bookmarked current date and
incrementing it.

Perhaps giving up caffeine is taking its toll; it seems this
would be a fairly common task? Has anyone done this?

Thanx, Tim

---

---