Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default General questions regarding autorecover

Do stress to your users that autorecover even when turned on is no guarantee
of recovering the document. There is no substitute for regular saving. See
also http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

wrote:
Thanks for your answers. It may not be the dms, but my testing seems
to point that way. If I enable autorecover in word, then close and
reopen, the setting stays (as expected). If I open a doc from my dms,
the setting gets turned off. If I do FileNew from the opened dms
document, and check the settings of the new blank document,
autorecover is turned on. If I switch back to the dms document,
autorecover is turned off. That's why I was wondering if word stored
that setting in the document. Otherwise, how could the autorecover
setting be different for two separate documents?

The dms executes quite a bit of code before the document is opened.
Custom doc properties get created/populated. Fields get updated.
Lots of stuff happens. I need to step through the code to find out
where it might be happening.

Do you happen to know offhand the vba to toggle the autorecover
setting?