Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merge recipient multiple times

Not directly. But there are various ways you might do this, e.g. write an
Excel macro that takes the rows and quantities and generates a new sheet (or
perhaps a Word document) that contains the correct number of rows per
identification number, then use that as the data source.

As long as your quantity field(s) never exceed a certain maximum (let's say
5) you could do the following:

Create a directory (catalog) merge

Put the following fields in it

{ IF { MERGEFIELD QUANTITY } 0 "{ MERGEFIELD IDNUMBER }
" }{ IF { MERGEFIELD QUANTITY } 1 "{ MERGEFIELD IDNUMBER }
" }{ IF { MERGEFIELD QUANTITY } 2 "{ MERGEFIELD IDNUMBER }
" }{ IF { MERGEFIELD QUANTITY } 3 "{ MERGEFIELD IDNUMBER }
" }{ IF { MERGEFIELD QUANTITY } 4 "{ MERGEFIELD IDNUMBER }
" }

Merge to a new document. You should have one column containing the right
number of IDNUMBERS. Manually insert the column header IDNUMBER, then use
that file as the data source for your merge.

NB, all the {} need to be the special field code braces you can enter using
ctrl-F9

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Laser Apparel" Laser wrote in message
I'm printing identification numbers to place on product. I might have to
print a label with size small 10 times and a label that has size medium 20
times. I usually enter 10 records of small and 20 records of medium in
excel
and then mail merge.

Can I enter the record once with one of the fields being a qty and have
that
record merged into a word label doc the number of times specified in the
qty
field?