Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge Error Message

If it isn't a complicated file, try saving it in .csv format then
re-openeing and re-saving in Excel.

Peter Jamieson
"Sallie" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried re-saving three different times and
still get the same message with each. I suppose I will try to have the
document sent to me again. I believe the original person who sent it to
me
had to convert it from an access file. Not sure though. I will see what
we
can do. Thanks again.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It can be caused by corruption in the Excel file. Save it under a
different
name and try again.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sallie" wrote in message
I'm trying to create some labels with the mail merge program. I have
recently done this successfully with a smaller excel file. The current
excel
file that I need to convert into labels is over 1000 names. When using
the
mailmerge program I am getting the error message "Word could not
re-establish
a DDE connection to Microsoft Excel to complete the current task."
What
is
this error message for and how can I fix it? Any suggestions would be
great!
Thank you!