Linda

Default Word mail merge with Access

Why does Word sometimes open another instance of Access when doing a mail
merge? I have forms in Access with hyperlinks to Word merge documents which
are based on queries from the form info. They were working flawlessly. Now,
Word is opening another instance of access and the queries are not returning
any data because the form info is not available in the new instance of
Access. The only thing I have done different is set up Access to open the
switchboard when opened and I set warnings to off in several of the macros
that I run. What would cause Word to start opening another instance of Access?