Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NancyV

Default I can't "save" or "save as" anymore in Word or Excel

Suzanne,

Thank you for your response. I have fixed the problem by using the
suggestion of "Jean Sebastien Strecko". I removed all things HP
scannerjet 5590 series from my computer and I am ok again. Thank goodness I
don't have that scanner any longer.

NancyV

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install
security update MS06-015"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

"NancyV" wrote in message
At work, got new computer Aug of 2005 w/ Windows XP Professional
pre-installed and installed Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003.
Worked great until 2 days ago. Now, I cannot "save" or "save as" in either
Word or Excel. When I click on the drop down list of where to save to in

the
"save to" box, it freezes up and when I click again, says "not

responding".
I've checked & tried the following: The software license is legit, no

viruses
found, tools activicate in Word & Excel say "already activated", tools
repair (no difference), re-started computer, downloaded and installed all
available Microsoft Office updates and Windows updates, especially Word

2003
Update KB830000 (description matches perfectly my problem but didn't fix

the
problem after running it) and Word 2003 Update KB828041, Cleared cache,

and
uninstalled and reinstalled software. The drop down list in the

StartSearch
also does the same thing. Help!!!! I'm way behind on my work now!!! What
else can I do?