WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Line breaks in find and replace w/ wildcards

Hey there! Great question. To indicate a line break when searching with wildcards in Microsoft Word, you can use the "^l" code. So, for example, if you wanted to find all instances of a line break followed by the word "example," you could search for "^lexample" using wildcards.

As for finding a table with this type of information, Microsoft has a great support article that lists all of the wildcard codes you can use in Word:
  1. Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/find-and-replace-text-by-using-regular-expressions-advanced-eeaa03b0-e9f3-4921-b1e8-85b0ad1c427f

Hope that helps!