Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Quick Parts - autotext

You have to type the name you gave the AutoText entry and then press F3 to
insert it.

http://word.mvps.org

"Margaret Upton" wrote in message
Still trying to get to grips with the new 2007 version. I have trolled
through all the help files and on the net and I cannot find a quick way of
inserting the auto text. I can put a new entry in by selecting the text
and pressing Alt F3, but F3 will not expand the text out, it just puts in
the letters I have named it and says type text after it. In Word 2003 a
small balloon would appear by the word that would expand into Auto text
and you could press enter, or F3 to expand the text. Is there something
in the settings that I need to adjust to make this happen or alternatively
a quick way to expand the auto text. If you have to go into the building
blocks organizer, there does not seem a quick way to find the entry
either.

Margaret