Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
George George is offline

Default W-2003 Mail merge - Recipients/Edit/Customize - viewing pane (pain

When I re-order the list of fields under the "Customize" tab, the fields
respond and are re-ordered appropriately in that pane, but they don't
re-order likewise in the recipients viewing pane.

I would like to have certain key fields within view on the left side of the
pane as soon as I bring up the recipients window. However, when re-ordering
them in "Customize" they may jump left or right in the recipients viewing
pane seemingly without design.

I have gone into the database table and re-ordered them there but that
disables "edit" in the viewing pane (grayed out). I assume that procedure
breaks some linking that has occurred when the recipient table is initially
populated.

What gives?