Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Parish Pete[_2_] Parish Pete[_2_] is offline

Default Mailmerge filter parameters duplicate themselves

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Use an Access Query to do the filtering. It is much better to do the data
manipulation in a database than in a word processor.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Parish Pete" wrote in message
I use several mailmerge docs in Word 2007 which feed from Access 2007
databases.

Where I use filters to edit recipients I have found that if there is more
than filter parameter, the last parameter is duplicated up to 3 times.
The
resulting output is incorrect.

Even if I clear the filter and start again, the same thing happens. It is
not confined to any particular merge document or table.

In essence if I enter only 2 parameters, I get 5.

Any clues welcome

Doug,

Yes you are right and as a general rule I do. Occasionally I need to just
do something slightly different and the Word filter is the simple answer...
at least it would be if it worked properly.

The point I'm making is that what happens is acorruption of the filter
parameters.

If I filter on Column A ="yes" OR Column B is blank, what I end up with is
the first 2 plus 3 extra parameters of OR column B is blank. No matter what
I do it inevitably reverts to the few extra parameters.

Doing the task another way is not the way to cure the problem. It should be
easy and it should just work.

It doesn't do it every time, only when the second paramater is an OR
statement. ANDs are fine.

regards

pete