Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default More than one formatting switch for a merge field

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sch06" wrote in message
1. The datasource is .xls
2. It was originally imported from AS400 and so all the fields are text
fields
3. However I need some of them to appear as currency with dollar signs,
commas, two places after decimal points. Also, if the merge field isn't
blank, I need text to appear before it.

I had tried just importing the datasource via DDE (would have solved both
problems since I would have only needed the \b switch), but my computer
freezes everytime I merge when using that method. And I have plenty of
RAM,
so I'm not sure what the problem is there.
Thanks!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It would be easier to give you the information that you are asking for if
you said:

1. What it is the datasource
2. How the information appears in the data source
3. How you want it to appear

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sch06" wrote in message
Can I use more than one switch for a merge field, and if so, is there a
proper order I must use? Currently I'm trying to use the \# and \b
switches. It's showing the \b text, but not formatting the numbers
when I
merge.