Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew V Andrew V is offline

Default f9 key - I've replaced it with another macro

Go to Tools - Customize. Under the Commands tab, click the Keyboard button.
In the Category list, select "All Commands", and in the list on the right,
select UpdateFields. Click in the "Press new shortcut key" textbox below the
list and hit F9. Click Assign and you're set.

Andrew

"rp2chil" wrote:

Hi, ok, I did a stupid thing today, I was workign on large document and
wanted to save few steps on a repetitive function . So I created a macro and
used the F9 key to store this function.

Of course, when I went to refresh my Table of Contents - it wasn't
refreshing. So, now I have to go to File/Insert/TOC to refresh the TOC each
time I edit the document.

Is there a way to revert back so when I press F9 it will refresh my TOC,
that's the standard load in MS word, I'm assuming. Thanks so much.

I did search this forum, but didn't find another brilliant individual like
me! lol