JR

Opinicus:

Thanks for the suggestion. When I transferred the text to Notepad, it came
out as gibberish - all squares. I have been able to transfer to other
symbol-based text fonts, just not Arial, Times NewRoman, Palatino, etc.

Have a great day
JR

"Opinicus" wrote:

"JR" wrote

I used a font (JOAN) when producing a Word document, just
to have some
variety from the usual fonts. Now that I want to convert
it to a business
font (say arial), I find that it comes out as gibberish. I
noticed in the
reveal formatting box that JOAN is a "symbol" font.
Should I have expected this?
Any way to convert to arial?

Try capturing all the text (control-A, control-C) and paste
it (control-V) into Notepad. Now if you still see letters
and not gibberish, do the same thing again in Notepad and
paste it back into a freshly-opened, new Word document whose
font has been set to Arial. (This means close the old Word
document. Exit Word. Start Word up again. Type control-A and
set the font to Arial, just to be sure.)

I've never knowingly worked with a symbol font so I can't be
sure this will work but I just tried it with Wingdings and
Word had no problem changing back and for between that and
Ariel.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse