Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default delete styles from normal.dot

Yes, the Organizer is a better way. I so seldom use it that it didn't occur
to me. Also, I never create custom styles in Normal.dot, as I use only
custom templates.

"sat" saturnin02_at_hotmail.com wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Open Normal.dot for editing, go to Format | Style (you can get there

from
the Styles and Formatting task pane by choosing Custom, then clicking
Styles... in the Format Settings dialog), select "User-defined styles"

view,
select the style to be deleted, and click Delete. When you've deleted

all
the styles you don't want, save Normal.dot.

Thanks.
I ended up using the "organizer" under Tools|Addins and Templates, etc.
How to restore the normal.dot to only the original styles that came with
install (the default ones) without starting with brand new normal.dot
file (as this would lose my icon/toolbar customizations)?
Tx.