Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default delete styles from normal.dot

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm for
general template information and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for specifics on letter
templates. Yes, you will need to select your template in the File New
dialog, but if you open Word only to create a document (that is, you don't
leave it running), you can put a shortcut to that template on your desktop
and use it to open Word with a new document based on your custom template.

"sat" saturnin02_at_hotmail.com wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Yes, the Organizer is a better way. I so seldom use it that it didn't

occur
to me. Also, I never create custom styles in Normal.dot, as I use only
custom templates.

Yes, that's what I sd do, use custom templates.
How do I get started with that, so that the styles will be there when I
am writing a regular letter?
Will I have to open up the customized template instead of Normal.dot or
use the organizer to copy from 1 to other every time?